“One of the advantages bowling has over golf is that you seldom lose a bowling ball.” (Don Carter) I like the game of golf but I absolutely love the sport of bowling! My mother is an avid bowler and planted the seed for my love of the sport when I was 4 years old. After she finished league play I was allowed to bowl and did so until she was tired. I was always encouraged to make my spares and become a better bowler.
My desire to grow personally and professionally in the sport led me to the Kegel Training Facility in Lake Wales, FL (August 2011). I had the opportunity to work with Joe Slowinski, Master Trainer. My training sessions were a great confidence booster and I couldn’t get enough of bowling. In fact, I ended up on the side line because of a shoulder injury in summer 2012. There’s nothing wrong with putting work into your game but know your limits. Intense physical training and a session with Mike Jasnau during the USBC National Open in Reno, Nevada 2013 got me back to where I wanted to be.
My bowling experience spans 35 years and during that time I’ve accomplished the following:
- Greater Cleveland Bowling Association (GCBA) two-time All Star and 4 titles
- The National Bowling Association (TNBA) Central Regional Title
- 30 perfect games and 15 800 series bowled with highest being 849 to date
- 8th place finish (team event) USBC Championship in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Multiple league high average awards and sweeper wins in Cleveland since 2001
The sport of bowling presents several opportunities but none are greater than representing the BEST bowling brand in the WORLD. Besides, Nothing Hits Like A Hammer! It has been a blessing and a privilege. I bleed orange, do you?